Admission fees for all branches are $5 adult, $4 senior/military, $2.50 student/child, and free for children under 5 and Museum Association members.
This cemetery is the oldest remaining cemetery in San Bernardino County (est. 1855) and contains over 2000 burials, many with grave markers in Spanish. There is also a small museum containing general information and cemetery art.
This National Register site is the restored 1860 ranch residence of John and Maria Merced Rains. It is one of the oldest fired brick structures still standing in San Bernardino County. It was in disrepair when it was purchased and restored by Edwin Motsinger in 1919. In 1948 it was sold to Mr. and Mrs. William P. Nesbit, in 1960 to Dr. and Mrs. Benjamin C. Stevens, and in 1969 to S.V. Hunsaker, Jr. Left vacant and vandalized, community members worked to save it and with the aid of a 1971 student march brought the attention of the community to its plight. The San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors purchased the property in October 1971, and the Casa de Rancho Cucamonga Historical Society was formed in 1972 to help maintain its ongoing restoration and preservation.
Also known as The San Bernardino de Sena Estancia or the San Bernardino Rancho, the Asistencia functioned as an outpost for cattle grazing activities. The original buildings were a tile kiln, a lime kiln, and a grist mill. The property was subsequently sold to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and occupied by Bishop Nathan C. Tenney from 1851 through 1859, when Dr. Benjamin Barton purchased it from the Mormons. Dr. Barton practiced medicine and resided on the property until 1867.
In 1925, the County of San Bernardino acquired the property from the Barton family. All remaining historic materials were salvaged, and construction of a new, six-room structure commenced in 1926 with later funding from the Works Progress Administration relief project (assisted by the San Bernardino County Historical Society).
The San Bernardino County Museum installed temporary exhibits in Victorville's courthouse lobbies and hallways to honor the U.S. bicentennial in 1976. These exhibits were the catalyst for the formation of a nonprofit museum, chartered in 1978. Displays remained in the courthouse for more than a decade until the Victor Valley Museum opened in Apple Valley in 1992. The museum operated as a non-profit entity sustained by volunteers until it became a branch of the San Bernardino County Museum system in 2010. Exhibits in the Victor Valley Museum are organized around the theme, "Discover Your Own Backyard." Visitors will enjoy learning about the archaeology and anthropology, history, geology and paleontology, and biological sciences of the high desert.
The Yorba-Slaughter Adobe is a historic adobe house located at 17127 Pomona Rincon Road near Chino, California. Built in the early 1850s, the adobe is typical of the building style prevalent during and around California's period of Mexican governance. Raimundo Yorba built the adobe on land thought to be part of Rancho El Rincon, a land grant owned by his father, Bernardo Yorba; however, a later survey determined the adobe was not part of the rancho. The younger Yorba lived in the adobe until 1868, when Forty-Niner and Mexican-American War veteran Fenton M. Slaughter bought the house. Slaughter, who later served in the California State Assembly, lived in the house until his 1897 death.
The Yucaipa Adobe is believed to be the oldest house in San Bernardino County. Diego Sepúlveda, nephew of Antonio María Lugo, built the Adobe in 1842 on land that was part of the Rancho San Bernardino granted in 1842 to the Lugos. It had formerly been land controlled by San Gabriel Mission. The Rancho suffered losses of cattle and horses from raids by Native Americans coming through Cajon Pass and Banning Pass from the deserts. Eventually, they sold the Rancho to Mormon settlers in September 1851. The Adobe's later owners included John Brown, Sr., James W. Waters, and the Dunlap family; it was acquired by San Bernardino County in 1955. The site is marked by California Historical Landmark #528.